Three-layers wraparound heat-shrinkable sleeve which replicates the structure and the performance of factory applied 3LPE mainline coatings. Three-layer system construction:
- First layer: Liquid epoxy, solvent-free two-component.
- Second layer: High shear strength copolymer adhesive.
- Third layer: Radiation cross-linked, high density polyethylene with permanent Change Indicator (PCI).
During installation, the epoxy is applied to the prepared pipe surface and the heat-shrinkable sleeve is immediately wrapped around the joint over the wet epoxy. Heat is then applied to the sleeve which shrinks to form a tight fit around the joint. While curing, the epoxy forms strong mechanical and chemical bonds to the pipe surface & to the copolymer adhesive layer.
The cross-linked outer layer forms a tough barrier against mechanical damage and moisture transmission. If extra thickness is required over the weld bead, sleeve can be supplied with extra adhesive in the centre of the sleeve.
|Model||COVALENCE® HTLP80-S||COVALENCE® HTLP80|
|Max operating temperature|
|Compatible main line coatings|
PE, PP, FBE, Coal Tar, DFBE
PE, FBE, Coal Tar, DFBE
|Min pre-heating temperature|
|Recommended surface preparation|
Class C50 UV
Class C60 UV
Class C80 UV
|GASD Specification reference|
- Fully resistant to shear forces induced by soil and thermal movements.
- Sleeve applied over wet epoxy, allowing fast installation and formation of strong mechanical & chemical bonds.
- Superior cathodic disbondment and hot water immersion resistance.
- Fully reconstructs the coating of three-layer coated pipes.
- Dimpled backing provides a “permanent change” indicator for application of heat.
- The HTLP80-S is tough & lasts as long as a 3-layer, factory applied coating.
- Allows fast application combined with high performance.
- Offers the optimum barrier protection against corrosion.
- HTLP systems allow three-layer coated pipelines to have a virtually monolithic coating system.
- Dimpled backing allows easy post-heat inspection and offers a reliable inspectability at any time.
- Gas and oil pipelines mainline coating rehabilitation and field joint coating.
Installation instructions and additional documentation on request.